Thursday, September 13, 2012

More Lost than Found review

I am a twenty something. I am young. I am passionate. I love GOD. And I am confused. I am not confused about God, who He is or the fact that I know He loves me, and redeemed me. But I do admit that sometimes I am unsure about the groups of people who claim to represent Him. There is a lot of people speaking on God’s behalf. And they don’t all add up. This leads to uncertainty, confusion and questioning. But this book allowed me to do all of these things. Jared Herd shared a relatable version of himself to the reader, and took us through his journey. Young people today have so much information about God, and little experience with Him. We are not always firm in the Word, or in our relationship with the Holy Spirit. We have a lot of family religious experiences. We have a lot of information. But in it all we feel lost. Yet this book allows us to feel that without a sense of shame which often comes with this season. The author encourages us that this period of time will not last forever. We walk away feeling as if we have more of an invitation to know God personally, instead of institutionally. And that is a freeing feeling. For those who feel “more lost than found”, just remember that we have a God who seeks each of us, personally, intimately, jealously.

No comments:

Post a Comment